St Margaret College which is accredited by the National Accreditation Board and affiliated to KNUST is admitting students for the 2017/2018 Academic year in the following degree programmes from September, 2017.
• BA Graphic Design
• BSc Banking and Finance
• BSc Computer Science
• BSc Development Planning
• BSc Economics and Statistics
• BSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• BSc Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics
The admission requirements for the programmes are:
I. SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A –D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit passes (A1 – C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
In I and II a stronger grade in Social Studies will be counted in place of Integrated Science
III. GBCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- General Certificate Of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in at least two (2) subjects (one of the passes should be grade D or better) Also, the applicant must have had credit passes at least Grade 6 in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Candidates (Top-up): Applicants must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division). In addition the applicants must have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification working experience.
- Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
VII. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Candidates: Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination ( GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
VIII. Mature Students’ Entry: The applicant must be at least 25 years old at the time of application, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth. For admission applicant must pass mature student entrance examination. In lieu of such examination, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations.
- Admission of International Students: International Students with suitable equivalent academic qualifications can also apply.
- Remedial Students
Applicants with deficiencies can be admitted to do a Pre- University course. They will be assisted to study and re-write the WASSCE to clear the deficiencies before being admitted to their chosen programme of study.
ONE YEAR CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN COURSES
Construction Technician Course Part 1 (CTC 1)
Admission Requirements: Four SSSCE/WASSCE passes in Science, Technical or General Arts Subjects including English Language and Mathematics or City and Guilds Intermediate and Advance Levels in Building Trades or NVTI (National Craftsmanship Certificate)
Construction Technician Course Part 2 (CTC 2)
Admission Requirement: Construction Technician Course Part 1 Certificate
Construction Technician Course Part 3 (CTC 3)
Admission Requirement: Construction Technician Part 2 Certificate
Cost of Application Forms
Degree Programmes – GH₵ 50.00.
For international students, the application forms for the degree programmes cost US$60.
Scholarship facility is available to all those that are admitted.
Construction Technician Courses – GHȻ30.00
The forms can be downloaded from the College’s website www.smuc.edu.gh or could be obtained at the office of the Registrar, St. Margaret College, Feyiase or KNUST Post Office, Kumasi Main Post Office-Adum and the following FM stations – Nhyira FM, LUV FM and Kumasi FM.
The College will also offer the following short courses from the 2017/2018 Academic Year:
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video Production
Duration: 2 weeks each
Cost of application forms – GHȻ15.00
Closing date for the submission of Application Forms: 25th August, 2017.
Forms can also be downloaded and paid for by Banker’s draft into any Prudential Bank Branch. The Account Number is 0252000410010 and the Account Branch is Atonsu, Kumasi.